Friday 2 December 2016

Changes & Details



I decided to do some changes to my final projects. The original idea was based on my personal travelling experience and travel tips. However I want to concentrate on hiphop in NYC and its history, affect, artists and future. I have been working with small british-american hiphop music label for over 1 year now and I had amazing opportunities to be part of the many projects and events.

The music label Full Mettle was founded by Kool G Rap, called by many "The Godfather of gangster rap" or "He's your favourite rapper's rapper". His music lyric are full of stories of the daily struggles faced on the harsh streets of inner city New York. His unique style and storytelling abilities wrapped with his cunning lyricism has come to inspire artists from the likes of Big Pun, 2Pac, Jay-Z and Nas to name but a few.


I want to keep original idea for interactive map however now it will be showing places from where the most influential rapper coming from including short stories. I am planing to cover around 15-20 artists. I want to keep map design simple (probably black, red, white colour scheme) with icons showing content after double-clicking on them. This map will be opening page of the website including few other hyper links containing other content.
(source: http://image.shutterstock.com/z/stock-vector-new-york-city-boroughs-map-152208935.jpg)

This second part of the project are interview videos and footage of NYC (I am travelling there in January 2017 and I also have some footage already from my previous visits). Inspiration is coming from 30 Seconds to Mars music video City of Angels where various artists and other people talking about Los Angeles and their love for this city. 


I am thinking about doing 3 videos. First will be capturing my visit to NYC in the January where I am travelling with my work team to record music album with one of the UK hiphop artist. We have planned many studio recording sessions so I thought it would be interesting to see production of music album nowadays. Then other video will be interviews with different artists and pictures of NYC through the history of hiphop. The last one will be shortly capturing Kool G Rap's journey in the music industry.



No comments:

Post a Comment