Friday 2 December 2016

1/12/16 Workshop - making webpage

In this week workshop we learnt how to create html website. We started by creating and defining basic html fine in program called TextWrangler. There are many simple and free programs which we can use for this task for example: Worded, Notepad or TextEdit. 
We practiced our html typing by following tutorials on www.w3schools.com. This webpage has plenty useful tutorials which I will definitely need for my project.
I will be using KUNET Webserver to host my project website. In order to do that I needed to set up my account on http://kunet.kingston.ac.uk website using my KU username and password. For this step I chose FileZilla program to log in. After a few unsuccessful attempts when server was not responding I finally made it work.

Now this is my webpage http://kunet.kingston.ac.uk/k1655928/.
In next couple of weeks I plan to design my website and have it almost ready so after my visit to NYC I can concentrate on editing photographs and videos only. 


No comments:

Post a Comment