Tuesday 15 November 2016

Adobe Photoshop I.

The best way to learn is practice -  as much as possible. Last weekend weather was perfectly sunny and warm so my friend and I decided to go out to take some pictures as a practice material.
I purposely took couple blurred photographs in order to sharpen them later in Photoshop.


Original picture
Edited picture

In this case I tried to sharpen image using High Pass Filter. 
Firstly, I converted original background layer to Smart Object. This way we keep all further steps separate to original image without making permanent changes.
Then I selected High Pass Filter option what highlighted the edges of the picture. High Pass is displayed in Radius Pixels Value. We need to be really careful and not to be heavyhanded with this feature. Honestly I think I bit overdid it here as the edges are way too radiant.
The next step is to blend High Pass Filter into Overlay what can be found under Smart Filter option and double-clicking on Blending Option. There is a few options for the blending intensity.
The final result looks overall sharpen but the certain parts are not defined and overexposed.

Source: http://www.photoshopessentials.com/photo-editing/sharpen-high-pass/

No comments:

Post a Comment